Senior Backend Developer
Healthcare providers spend roughly $20B annually on premiums for medical professional liability (“MPL”) insurance, $5-6B of which is spent for physicians. Incumbent carriers utilize outdated risk selection, underwriting, and sales processes. For the first time in 10 years, The MPL market is currently in a hardening cycle. While incumbent carriers are increasing rates to make up for underwriting losses, the environment is ripe for an innovative disruptor to capture market share by deploying artificial intelligence.
Rubicon Founders, an entrepreneurial firm focused on building and growing transformational healthcare companies, has launched Indigo to address this issue. Backed by Oak HC/FT, this company will disrupt the medical professional liability market by offering more competitive products to providers. Benefitting from significant potential cost savings as a result, providers may reallocate resources to invest more directly in patient or staff care. This company intends to fulfill Rubicon Founder’s mission of creating enduring value by impacting people in a measurable way.
Are you an expert AWS back-end developer with a passion for making a difference in the healthcare industry? If so, we want you to join our team at Indigo, where we're using technology to transform medical professional liability insurance. Our machine-learning driven underwriting process and modern technology streamline the insurance process and equip quality physicians and groups with the coverage they need. As a Backend Developer, you will own the various backend components of our system, which includes web backends, a machine learning platform, data pipelines, and more. You will help us leverage the AWS cloud platform with best practices to ensure that the system is highly available, secure, and scalable. You will work with cross-functional teams including frontend developers, data engineers, and product managers to ensure the backend system meets business requirements and adheres to best practices.
At Indigo, you'll have the opportunity to contribute to a meaningful mission that makes a difference in the lives of healthcare providers and their patients.
- Build and maintain efficient, reusable, and reliable code in the AWS environment using EC2 or Lambda.
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve the backend services that power the Indigo platform.
- Work with frontend developers, data engineers, and product managers to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- Implement security and data protection measures to ensure that the system is highly available and secure.
- Participate in code reviews and ensure the code is of high quality.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams including design, product, and engineering to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- Create and maintain infrastructure as code using tools such as Terraform or CloudFormation.
- Work closely with the CTO, Yotam Shacham, to identify and implement best practices for backend development, including testing, code reviews, and documentation.
- Keep up to date with emerging trends in backend development and contribute to improving our development processes.
- Mentor and guide junior back end developers to ensure high-quality code.
- 5+ years of experience in backend development.
- Experience with AWS services such as EC2, Lambda, RDS, DynamoDB, or S3.
- Strong understanding of RESTful API design principles and experience designing and building RESTful APIs.
- Familiarity with at least one programming language such as Python, Node.js, or Java.
- Experience with infrastructure as code tools such as Terraform, Ansible, or CloudFormation.
- Familiarity with DevOps principles and experience working in a DevOps environment.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work independently and as part of a team.