Who We Are
We are Imagine Pediatrics, a devoted and compassionate, multi-disciplinary pediatrician-led medical group that is creating a world where every child with complex medical conditions gets the care and support they deserve. Energized by our mission to reimagine pediatric health care, we are pioneering virtual-first care services that include care coordination and around-the-clock access to complex-care clinicians from home. We don’t replace a child's existing care team. Instead, we collaborate to deliver continuous support to kids, so they can spend less time in the hospital and more time thriving at home and in their communities.
Every day we boldly challenge old approaches and seek out new and better ways to improve the health and lives of children with medical complexity. In partnership with caregivers, providers, and health plans, we break down the barriers that stand between families and quality care for their children. We know we can’t solve every challenge in the lives of these kids, but we can work tirelessly to give them, their families, and other caregivers the help and relief they need, right when they need it. We know a better approach to pediatric health care is within reach, and we are committed to seizing it today.
What We Live By
We’re guided by our five core values:
- Children first. We put the best interests of children above all. We are uncompromising in our commitment to improving the lives of children and families by bringing the best care to them.
- Earn trust. We cherish the trusting relationships we build with the children and families we serve, our partners, and each other. We seek first to understand and speak honestly.
- Innovate today. We refuse to accept the way things have always been done. Children and families are waiting for our help and their bravery demands that we relentlessly challenge assumptions to develop new approaches.
- Embrace humanity. We lead with empathy and authenticity, presuming competence and good intentions. When we stumble, we use the opportunity to learn and grow stronger.
- One team, diverse perspectives. We work alongside families as one team towards a shared purpose. We champion diversity and acknowledge the contributions of others.
What You’ll Do
As a Payroll Manager at Imagine Pediatrics, you will be responsible for overseeing and managing the payroll and tax processes across multiple states. This role requires a deep understanding of payroll regulations, exceptional attention to detail, and proficiency with ADP Workforce Now. You will play a critical role in ensuring accurate and timely compensation for our employees while maintaining compliance with state and federal regulations. Ensure accurate and timely processing of multiple payrolls for employees across 25+ states.
• Maintain company compliance with state and federal payroll tax laws and regulations by staying up-to-date with changes and adjusting processes accordingly.
• Oversee all aspects of payroll, including data entry, calculations, deductions, direct deposits and garnishment calculations.
• Ensure all payroll transactions are processed accurately and timely including calculation of overpayments or retroactive payments related to salary, overtime, or a change in benefits status.
• Maintain configurations in ADP for taxes, earnings, deductions, general ledger mapping including adding new earning and deduction codes as needed.
• Handle payroll-related inquiries from employees, resolving issues promptly and professionally.
• Track and confirm refunds from ADP for direct deposit reversals and stopped payments.
• Conduct periodic audits of payroll records to ensure accuracy and compliance.
• Develop and implement payroll policies and procedures to enhance efficiency and accuracy.
• Generate various payroll reports for management and accounting purposes including processing accurate and timely per pay period, monthly, and year end reporting.
• Partner with finance and accounting teams for accurate general ledger reconciliations.
• Create and run ad-hoc reporting for finance and management upon request.
• Register company for all appropriate taxes and withholdings in new state or local jurisdictions in a timely manner, avoiding tax penalties and interest charges.
• Audit ADP set up of employees in all tax jurisdictions based on lived in and worked in locations.
• Oversight of ADP creation and filing of quarterly and annual payroll tax reports for all applicable states.
• Manage year-end processes, including W-2 and 1099 preparation, audit and approval.
• Partner with ADP Compliance to resolve tax issues with requesting tax agencies.
401(k) & Benefits:
• Work with 401k Administrator to resolve issues with file feeds, employee and employer contributions, deferrals and employee records.
• Work closely with People Operations team for employee related items such as new hire & termination process, 401K, ESPP, benefits, etc.
• Assist in bonus calculations, 401k match calculation, benefits accounting and trend reporting and other payroll related processes, as required
• Provide excellent customer service in the areas of pay and taxes by providing prompt and complete responses to employees and vendors on payroll-related questions
• Collaborate with People Operations and other functional areas to identify, recommend and implement process improvements to increase accuracy and efficiency.
• Create job aids upon request for People Operations or Training and Development to be utilized by managers and employees.
What You Bring & How You Qualify
First and foremost, you’re passionate and committed to reimagining pediatric health care and creating a world where every child with complex medical conditions gets the care and support, they deserve. For this role, you will need:
• Bachelor's degree in Finance, Accounting, Human Resources, or a related field preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in payroll management, with a track record of handling multiple payrolls in various states.
• Proficiency in ADP Workforce Now and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) is required
• Strong knowledge of payroll tax regulations and compliance requirements.
• Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy in data entry and calculations.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information with discretion.
• Highly organized and able to meet tight deadlines.
• Problem-solving skills and the ability to adapt to changing regulations.
• Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) designation is a plus.
What We Offer (Benefits + Perks)
The target base salary for this position starts at $80,000 in addition to competitive company benefits package and eligibility to participate in an employee equity purchase program (as applicable). When determining compensation, we analyze and carefully consider several factors including job-related knowledge, skills and experience. These considerations may cause your compensation to vary.
- We provide these additional benefits and perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) with 4% match, vested 100% from day one
- 20 days PTO + 10 Company Holidays & 2 Floating Holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Pet Insurance
- Additional benefits to be detailed in offer
We Value Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
We believe that creating a world where every child with complex medical conditions gets the care and support they deserve requires a diverse team with diverse perspectives. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People seeking employment at Imagine Pediatrics are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, or characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other status protected by applicable law.