Who We Are
We are Imagine Pediatrics, a devoted and compassionate, multi-disciplinary pediatrician-led medical group that is creating a world where every child with complex medical conditions gets the care and support they deserve. Energized by our mission to reimagine pediatric health care, we are pioneering virtual-first care services that include care coordination and around-the-clock access to complex-care clinicians from home. We don’t replace a child's existing care team. Instead, we collaborate to deliver continuous support to kids, so they can spend less time in the hospital and more time thriving at home and in their communities.
Every day we boldly challenge old approaches and seek out new and better ways to improve the health and lives of children with medical complexity. In partnership with caregivers, providers, and health plans, we break down the barriers that stand between families and quality care for their children. We know we can’t solve every challenge in the lives of these kids, but we can work tirelessly to give them, their families, and other caregivers the help and relief they need, right when they need it. We know a better approach to pediatric health care is within reach, and we are committed to seizing it today.
What We Live By
We’re guided by our five core values:
- Children first. We put the best interests of children above all. We are uncompromising in our commitment to improving the lives of children and families by bringing the best care to them.
- Earn trust. We cherish the trusting relationships we build with the children and families we serve, our partners, and each other. We seek first to understand and speak honestly.
- Innovate today. We refuse to accept the way things have always been done. Children and families are waiting for our help and their bravery demands that we relentlessly challenge assumptions to develop new approaches.
- Embrace humanity. We lead with empathy and authenticity, presuming competence and good intentions. When we stumble, we use the opportunity to learn and grow stronger.
- One team, diverse perspectives. We work alongside families as one team towards a shared purpose. We champion diversity and acknowledge the contributions of others.
What You’ll Do
Assist our provider team in the accurate coding of patient medical records. You serve as a subject matter expert in ICD-10-CM, CDPS, CPT, Telehealth, and Behavioral Health Services. Key responsibilities and competencies include:
- Account for coding and abstracting of patient encounters, including diagnostic and procedural information, significant reportable elements, and complications. This is done in adherence with ICD-10-CM Official Guidelines for Coding and Reporting.
- Analyze and audit medical records to identify documentation deficiencies and determine opportunities for education and documentation improvement.
- Evaluate diagnostic and procedural information for compliance with applicable state and federal guidelines and internal policies and procedures.
- Assign codes for encounter submission, research and comply with regulatory requirements and guidelines.
- Follow coding conventions and serve as coding consultant to care providers.
- Identify discrepancies, potential quality of care, and coding issues to discuss with Coding Manager.
- Research, analyze, recommend, and facilitate plan of action to correct discrepancies and prevent future coding errors utilizing coding queries and provider education.
- Communicate and provide clear education to providers under the supervision of the Coding Manager.
- Submit charges to payors and work A/R as needed
- Display strong communication and customer service skills
- Establish and maintain standards of professional competency and excellence, meeting or exceeding Imagine Pediatrics productivity standards, while meeting a 95% accuracy rate
What You Bring & How You Qualify
First and foremost, you’re passionate and committed to reimagining pediatric health care and creating a world where every child with complex medical conditions gets the care and support they deserve.
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) Certification Required
- Experience in Pediatrics, Telehealth and Behavioral Health preferred
- 3 to 5 years’ experience with physician office billing and coding
- SDOH and Quality Measure experience preferred
- Understanding of CPT, HCPCS and ICD-10
- Previous experience with Medicaid and commercial payers
- Organized and efficient
What We Offer (Benefits + Perks)
When determining compensation, we analyze and carefully consider several factors including job-related knowledge, skills and experience. These considerations may cause your compensation to vary.
We provide these additional benefits and perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) with 4% match, vested 100% from day one
- 20 days PTO + 10 Company Holidays & 2 Floating Holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Pet Insurance
- Additional benefits to be detailed in offer
We Value Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
We believe that creating a world where every child with complex medical conditions gets the care and support they deserve requires a diverse team with diverse perspectives. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People seeking employment at Imagine Pediatrics are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, or characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other status protected by applicable law.