Director, Value-Based Partnerships
Who We Are
We are Imagine Pediatrics, a devoted and compassionate, multi-disciplinary pediatrician-led medical group that is creating a world where every child with complex medical conditions gets the care and support they deserve. Energized by our mission to reimagine pediatric health care, we are pioneering virtual-first care services that include care coordination and around-the-clock access to complex-care clinicians from home. We don’t replace a child's existing care team. Instead, we collaborate to deliver continuous support to kids, so they can spend less time in the hospital and more time thriving at home and in their communities.
Every day we boldly challenge old approaches and seek out new and better ways to improve the health and lives of children with medical complexity. In partnership with caregivers, providers, and health plans, we break down the barriers that stand between families and quality care for their children. We know we can’t solve every challenge in the lives of these kids, but we can work tirelessly to give them, their families, and other caregivers the help and relief they need, right when they need it. We know a better approach to pediatric health care is within reach, and we are committed to seizing it today.
What We Live By
We’re guided by our five core values:
- Children first. We put the best interests of children above all. We are uncompromising in our commitment to improving the lives of children and families by bringing the best care to them.
- Earn trust. We cherish the trusting relationships we build with the children and families we serve, our partners, and each other. We seek first to understand and speak honestly.
- Innovate today. We refuse to accept the way things have always been done. Children and families are waiting for our help and their bravery demands that we relentlessly challenge assumptions to develop new approaches.
- Embrace humanity. We lead with empathy and authenticity, presuming competence and good intentions. When we stumble, we use the opportunity to learn and grow stronger.
- One team, diverse perspectives. We work alongside families as one team towards a shared purpose. We champion diversity and acknowledge the contributions of others.
What You’ll Do
As Director of Business Development, you will assist in developing and executing the strategic direction of Imagine Pediatrics and serve as a thought partner to the executive teams.
- Drive new and existing market research and go-to-market strategy across Medicaid managed care, commercial insurance, and direct-to-state market segments
- Develop deep understanding of individual state Medicaid programs, state Medicaid contract RFP cycles, and state programming that impacts children with medical complexity or special healthcare needs
- Build market- and prospect-facing materials, pitch decks, and content in support of business development process
- Support deal structure development and risk modeling across wide range of value-based care constructs
- Assist Chief Commercial Officer and VP, Business Development in managing overall business development process and deal execution, from sourcing to negotiation and contracting
- Support and align internal stakeholders across implementation, finance, legal, and clinical teams as markets, segments, and individual health plan prospects advance from discovery to go-live
- Leverage internal and external resources and advisors to inform go-to-market strategy
- Represent Imagine Pediatrics externally at industry events and conferences and collaborate with marketing to drive brand and solution awareness
- Enable scaling of business development function through technology and tooling (CRM, marketing tools, etc.)
What You Bring & How You Qualify
First and foremost, you’re passionate and committed to reimagining pediatric health care and creating a world where every child with complex medical conditions gets the care and support they deserve.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or graduate degree in business or related field, strongly preferred
- Previous strategy experience in consulting, banking, or corporate strategy roles
- Experience in a healthcare environment, including health plans, medical groups, providers, clinics, or healthcare delivery organizations
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Excellent listening, negotiation, leadership, and relationship building skills
- Ability to communicate, present and influence all levels of the organization, including executive and C-level
- Proven success working in a fast-paced, high-growth environment
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 30%
What We Offer (Benefits + Perks)
We offer a competitive compensation package in addition to competitive company benefits package and eligibility to participate in an employee equity purchase program (as applicable). When determining compensation, we analyze and carefully consider several factors including job-related knowledge, skills and experience. These considerations may cause your compensation to vary.
We provide these additional benefits and perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) with 4% match, vested 100% from day one
- 20 days PTO + 10 Company Holidays & 2 Floating Holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Pet Insurance
- Additional benefits to be detailed in offer
We Value Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
We believe that creating a world where every child with complex medical conditions gets the care and support they deserve requires a diverse team with diverse perspectives. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People seeking employment at Imagine Pediatrics are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, or characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other status protected by applicable law.