Who We Are
We are Imagine Pediatrics, a devoted and compassionate, multi-disciplinary pediatrician-led medical group that is creating a world where every child with complex medical conditions gets the care and support they deserve. Energized by our mission to reimagine pediatric health care, we are pioneering virtual-first care services that include care coordination and around-the-clock access to complex-care clinicians from home. We don’t replace a child's existing care team. Instead, we collaborate to deliver continuous support to kids, so they can spend less time in the hospital and more time thriving at home and in their communities.
Every day we boldly challenge old approaches and seek out new and better ways to improve the health and lives of children with medical complexity. In partnership with caregivers, providers, and health plans, we break down the barriers that stand between families and quality care for their children. We know we can’t solve every challenge in the lives of these kids, but we can work tirelessly to give them, their families, and other caregivers the help and relief they need, right when they need it. We know a better approach to pediatric health care is within reach, and we are committed to seizing it today.
What We Live By
We’re guided by our five core values:
- Children first. We put the best interests of children above all. We are uncompromising in our commitment to improving the lives of children and families by bringing the best care to them.
- Earn trust. We cherish the trusting relationships we build with the children and families we serve, our partners, and each other. We seek first to understand and speak honestly.
- Innovate today. We refuse to accept the way things have always been done. Children and families are waiting for our help and their bravery demands that we relentlessly challenge assumptions to develop new approaches.
- Embrace humanity. We lead with empathy and authenticity, presuming competence and good intentions. When we stumble, we use the opportunity to learn and grow stronger.
- One team, diverse perspectives. We work alongside families as one team towards a shared purpose. We champion diversity and acknowledge the contributions of
What You’ll Do:
Partner with the Controller and Director of Accounting to build processes and procedures that will allow the team to bring accounting in-house and scale. This role will also take ownership of various workstreams and partner cross-functionally with teams throughout the organization.
- Maintain and reconcile the general ledger, including journal entries, account reconciliations, and month-end close processes.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to integrate accounting practices into various business functions.
- Prepare and analyze financial statements, ensuring accuracy, compliance with accounting standards, and timely reporting to senior management.
- Investigate reporting discrepancies/anomalies and communicate issues as they arise in a timely manner.
- Assist with transitioning accounting in-house and lead the implementation of the accounting ERP system.
- Continually assist with developing, expanding and improving the month-end close and financial reporting procedures with a focus on simplification, standardization, and optimization.
- Train and mentor junior level staff.
- Other ad-hoc accounting projects as needed.
What You Bring & How You Qualify:
First and foremost, you’re passionate and committed to reimagining pediatric health care and creating a world where every child with complex medical conditions gets the care and support they deserve.
- 5+ years of relevant accounting experience in public or private companies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- In-depth knowledge of U.S. GAAP
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail, project management skills, and research and analytic skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in Bill.com and Sage Intacct, preferred but not required
What We Offer (Benefits + Perks)
The target base salary for this position starts at $110,000 in addition to competitive company benefits package and eligibility to participate in an employee equity purchase program (as applicable). When determining compensation, we analyze and carefully consider several factors including job-related knowledge, skills and experience. These considerations may cause your compensation to vary.
We provide these additional benefits and perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) with 4% match, vested 100% from day one
- 20 days PTO + 10 Company Holidays & 2 Floating Holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Pet Insurance
- Additional benefits to be detailed in offer
We Value Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
We believe that creating a world where every child with complex medical conditions gets the care and support they deserve requires a diverse team with diverse perspectives. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People seeking employment at Imagine Pediatrics are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, or characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other status protected by applicable law