Paramedic Certified/Pediatric Home Care Specialist
Who We Are
We are Imagine Pediatrics, a devoted and compassionate, multi-disciplinary pediatrician-led medical group that is creating a world where every child with complex medical conditions gets the care and support they deserve. Energized by our mission to reimagine pediatric health care, we are pioneering virtual-first care services that include care coordination and around-the-clock access to complex-care clinicians from home. We don’t replace a child's existing care team. Instead, we collaborate to deliver continuous support to kids, so they can spend less time in the hospital and more time thriving at home and in their communities.
Every day we boldly challenge old approaches and seek out new and better ways to improve the health and lives of children with medical complexity. In partnership with caregivers, providers, and health plans, we break down the barriers that stand between families and quality care for their children. We know we can’t solve every challenge in the lives of these kids, but we can work tirelessly to give them, their families, and other caregivers the help and relief they need, right when they need it. We know a better approach to pediatric health care is within reach, and we are committed to seizing it today.
What We Live By
We’re guided by our five core values:
- Children first. We put the best interests of children above all. We are uncompromising in our commitment to improving the lives of children and families by bringing the best care to them.
- Earn trust. We cherish the trusting relationships we build with the children and families we serve, our partners, and each other. We seek first to understand and speak honestly.
- Innovate today. We refuse to accept the way things have always been done. Children and families are waiting for our help and their bravery demands that we relentlessly challenge assumptions to develop new approaches.
- Embrace humanity. We lead with empathy and authenticity, presuming competence and good intentions. When we stumble, we use the opportunity to learn and grow stronger.
- One team, diverse perspectives. We work alongside families as one team towards a shared purpose. We champion diversity and acknowledge the contributions of
What You'll Do
As a Pediatric Home Care Specialist (Paramedic Certified) with Imagine Pediatrics, you will in collaboration with an interdisciplinary team, facilitate in home delivery of episodic and longitudinal care. You leverage an integrated technology platform and are complimented by an entire interdisciplinary team including APPs, registered nurses, navigators, pharmacists, psychiatrists, social workers, and therapists. You will:
- Travel to members’ homes, or wherever in the community our members are, in response to requests for acute and episodic medical, behavioral, and social needs.
- Work closely as a member of an integrated care team to provide high-quality, compassionate, and skilled care to our pediatric members and their families.
- Assist, in collaboration with other members of the integrated care team, with urgent needs for our members. Provide therapeutic intervention under the direct guidance of a physician.
- Assist in the engagement and onboarding of new members by helping conduct and facilitate clinical intake visits.
· Engage with members recently discharged from inpatient admission or recently seen in the Emergency Department to prevent readmission, and identify and solve root causes of readmission.
What You Bring & How You Qualify
First and foremost, you’re passionate and committed to creating the world our sickest children deserve. You want an active role in building a diverse and values-driven culture. Things change quickly in a startup environment; you accept that and are willing to pivot quickly on priorities. In this role, you will need:
· EMT-Paramedic with active license in the state of Texas, and/or Nationally Registered Paramedic (NREMT)
· PALS and BLS required
· ACLS is plus
· 5+ years of field clinical experience. Nice to have: experience with pediatric patients and/or non-traditional Paramedic roles such as: critical care, primary care, tele-health, community paramedicine, mobile integrated healthcare, emergency room, or value-based care delivery.
· Driver’s license and good driving record, along with reliable transportation.
· Strong critical thinking skills, excellent communication skills, and effective collaboration.
· Experience and ability to identify opportunities to build trust through delivering clinical and social impact for every member.
· Ability to thrive in a fast paced and dynamic work environment.
· Experience and ability to use and navigate multiple technology platforms in care delivery.
· Willing to potentially cross-train as a Community Health Worker, and, receptive to robust and ongoing training and skill refinement in the area of complex pediatrics.
· Bilingual Spanish Required
What We Offer (Benefits + Perks)
This position offers competitive company benefits package. When determining compensation, we analyze and carefully consider several factors including job-related knowledge, skills and experience. These considerations may cause your compensation to vary.
We provide these additional benefits and perks:
· Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
· Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
· 401(k) with 4% match, vested 100% from day one
· 20 days PTO + 10 Company Holidays & 2 Floating Holidays
· Paid parental leave + fertility benefit
· Pet Insurance
· Additional benefits to be detailed in offer
We Value Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
We believe that creating a world where every child with complex medical conditions gets the care and support they deserve requires a diverse team with diverse perspectives. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People seeking employment at Imagine Pediatrics are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, or characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other status protected by applicable law