Director, Health Services
Who We Are
We are Imagine Pediatrics, a devoted and compassionate, multi-disciplinary pediatrician-led medical group that is creating a world where every child with complex medical conditions gets the care and support they deserve. Energized by our mission to reimagine pediatric health care, we are pioneering virtual-first care services that include care coordination and around-the-clock access to complex-care clinicians from home. We don’t replace a child's existing care team. Instead, we collaborate to deliver continuous support to kids, so they can spend less time in the hospital and more time thriving at home and in their communities.
Every day we boldly challenge old approaches and seek out new and better ways to improve the health and lives of children with medical complexity. In partnership with caregivers, providers, and health plans, we break down the barriers that stand between families and quality care for their children. We know we can’t solve every challenge in the lives of these kids, but we can work tirelessly to give them, their families, and other caregivers the help and relief they need, right when they need it. We know a better approach to pediatric health care is within reach, and we are committed to seizing it today.
What We Live By
We’re guided by our five core values:
- Children first. We put the best interests of children above all. We are uncompromising in our commitment to improving the lives of children and families by bringing the best care to them.
- Earn trust. We cherish the trusting relationships we build with the children and families we serve, our partners, and each other. We seek first to understand and speak honestly.
- Innovate today. We refuse to accept the way things have always been done. Children and families are waiting for our help and their bravery demands that we relentlessly challenge assumptions to develop new approaches.
- Embrace humanity. We lead with empathy and authenticity, presuming competence and good intentions. When we stumble, we use the opportunity to learn and grow stronger.
- One team, diverse perspectives. We work alongside families as one team towards a shared purpose. We champion diversity and acknowledge the contributions of
What You’ll Do
- Manages assigned Health Services staff promoting a healthy work and learning environment. Insures adequate training of new staff and ongoing training of existing staff.
- Maintains adequate coverage in the assigned health services area and when necessary, provides justification for changes in staffing levels.
- Hires, counsels and provides performance management to staff as necessary.
- Provides feedback and coaching to staff on an ongoing basis.
- Performs timely annual performance reviews for all assigned staff in accordance with Human Resources policy and procedures.
- Along with the VP and Director of Health Services, monitors expenses and assures compliance with the budget.
- Along with the VP and Director of Health Services or Operations Manager, provides justification for necessary capital and operational expenses.
- Ensures effective and efficient utilization of resources in daily management decisions.
- Supports and operationalizes the integrated model of care.
- Leads quality improvement projects designed to improve clinical outcomes and patient satisfaction.
- Participates in nursing research activities and supports evidence based pediatric nursing.
- Models a caring philosophy focusing on health promotion and safety education.
- Champions’ age –appropriate developmental considerations and holistic patient care.
- Directs health services planning and policy making through constructive collaboration in key committees.
- Must have the ability to work well with others, have good communication skills and regular attendance is required.
- Champions continuous improvement activities and serves as a coach and mentor to clinical staff.
- This is an in-office role (5 days x week)
- Other duties as assigned.
What You Bring & How You Qualify
First and foremost, you’re passionate and committed to reimagining pediatric health care and creating a world where every child with complex medical conditions gets the care and support they deserve. The Imagine Pediatrics Health Services Manager is responsible and accountable for quality care and service for assigned divisions. This position is responsible for promoting a patient and family centered model of care. The position will also be responsible for promoting strong interdisciplinary care team collaboration.
- Bachelor’s Degree required. Master’s Degree in Nursing or other field preferred.
- Current State of Florida RN License required.
- Minimum five (5) years of nursing experience.
- Minimum two (2) years management experience preferred.
We Value Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
We believe that creating a world where every child with complex medical conditions gets the care and support they deserve requires a diverse team with diverse perspectives. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People seeking employment at Imagine Pediatrics are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, or characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other status protected by applicable law