People Operations Generalist
Who We Are
We are Imagine Pediatrics, a devoted and compassionate, multi-disciplinary pediatrician-led medical group that is creating a world where every child with complex medical conditions gets the care and support they deserve. Energized by our mission to reimagine pediatric health care, we are pioneering virtual-first care services that include care coordination and around-the-clock access to complex-care clinicians from home. We don’t replace a child's existing care team. Instead, we collaborate to deliver continuous support to kids, so they can spend less time in the hospital and more time thriving at home and in their communities.
Every day we boldly challenge old approaches and seek out new and better ways to improve the health and lives of children with medical complexity. In partnership with caregivers, providers, and health plans, we break down the barriers that stand between families and quality care for their children. We know we can’t solve every challenge in the lives of these kids, but we can work tirelessly to give them, their families, and other caregivers the help and relief they need, right when they need it. We know a better approach to pediatric health care is within reach, and we are committed to seizing it today.
What We Live By
We’re guided by our five core values:
- Children first. We put the best interests of children above all. We are uncompromising in our commitment to improving the lives of children and families by bringing the best care to them.
- Earn trust. We cherish the trusting relationships we build with the children and families we serve, our partners, and each other. We seek first to understand and speak honestly.
- Innovate today. We refuse to accept the way things have always been done. Children and families are waiting for our help and their bravery demands that we relentlessly challenge assumptions to develop new approaches.
- Embrace humanity. We lead with empathy and authenticity, presuming competence and good intentions. When we stumble, we use the opportunity to learn and grow stronger.
- One team, diverse perspectives. We work alongside families as one team towards a shared purpose. We champion diversity and acknowledge the contributions of
What You'll Do:
As HR Generalist with Imagine Pediatrics, you will play a meaningful role in helping build our company from the ground floor up. You will wear many hats as a part of our small early-stage department, from HR operations to compliance and onboarding administration. You’ll assist in onboarding for employees across multiple worksites. You will participate and partner with your human resources and talent peers on the creation and implementation of HR policy, system optimization and HR regulatory needs. Your primary functions will include:
- Ensure compliance with all policies and federal/state government labor and safety guidelines and laws. Remain current on all industry related regulations and human resources best practices.
- Track and ensure all successful new hires are properly processed, background checks performed, and formal offer letters are produced and delivered in a timely manner in accordance with applicable rules, regulations, policies, and laws
- Manage proper record-keeping processes ensuring administrative compliance.
- Track and submit unemployment claim responses. Work with mangers for needed documents to respond to the claim and attend hearings when needed.
- Serve as a resource for HR reporting requests.
- Conduct regular benefit audits to ensure accuracy between HRIS and carriers.
- Assist with payroll as needed. Conduct follow-up with managers regarding timesheets.
- Consult with team to maintain lines of communication to influence positive staff morale and a professional and productive atmosphere within the organization
- Consistently demonstrate positive interpersonal relations with all levels of the organization and cooperate harmoniously with others in the accomplishment of the organization’s strategic goals
- Be able to travel to new market locations or Houston headquarters on occasion
- Other duties as assigned
What You Bring & How You Qualify:
First and foremost, you’re passionate and committed to creating the world our sickest children deserve. You want an active role in building a diverse and values-driven culture. Things change quickly in a startup environment; you accept that and are willing to pivot quickly on priorities. In this role, you will need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- SHRM or PHR Certification preferred
- Minimum three (3) years of HR related experience
- Strong customer service, organizational and time management skills
- Knowledge of state and federal wage and hour laws required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Solution-oriented mindset and work approach, with a willingness to contribute to many different types of tasks to get things done, even if they fall outside your normal scope of duties
- Proficiency in Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
We Value Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
We believe that creating a world where every child with complex medical conditions gets the care and support they deserve requires a diverse team with diverse perspectives. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People seeking employment at Imagine Pediatrics are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, or characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other status protected by applicable law