Senior Network Engineer
Who We Are
We are Imagine Pediatrics, a devoted and compassionate, multi-disciplinary pediatrician-led medical group that is creating a world where every child with complex medical conditions gets the care and support they deserve. Energized by our mission to reimagine pediatric health care, we are pioneering virtual-first care services that include care coordination and around-the-clock access to complex-care clinicians from home. We don’t replace a child's existing care team. Instead, we collaborate to deliver continuous support to kids, so they can spend less time in the hospital and more time thriving at home and in their communities.
Every day we boldly challenge old approaches and seek out new and better ways to improve the health and lives of children with medical complexity. In partnership with caregivers, providers, and health plans, we break down the barriers that stand between families and quality care for their children. We know we can’t solve every challenge in the lives of these kids, but we can work tirelessly to give them, their families, and other caregivers the help and relief they need, right when they need it. We know a better approach to pediatric health care is within reach, and we are committed to seizing it today.
What We Live By
We’re guided by our five core values:
- Children first. We put the best interests of children above all. We are uncompromising in our commitment to improving the lives of children and families by bringing the best care to them.
- Earn trust. We cherish the trusting relationships we build with the children and families we serve, our partners, and each other. We seek first to understand and speak honestly.
- Innovate today. We refuse to accept the way things have always been done. Children and families are waiting for our help and their bravery demands that we relentlessly challenge assumptions to develop new approaches.
- Embrace humanity. We lead with empathy and authenticity, presuming competence and good intentions. When we stumble, we use the opportunity to learn and grow stronger.
- One team, diverse perspectives. We work alongside families as one team towards a shared purpose. We champion diversity and acknowledge the contributions of others.
What You’ll Do
The Senior Network Engineer serves to support our Imagine Pediatrics employees by managing the technical infrastructure that allows our employees to connect to Imagine Pediatrics applications and systems. The Senior Engineer will operationally manage and maintain all in-office network systems, network architectures that allow our employees to connect to internally and externally hosted applications and systems and manage third party contract internet service providers in adherence with contracted service SLAs. The role provides value to the organization by ensuring that our end user networks are highly available and performing to our employees’ expectations.
This is an individual contributor role with a high degree of interaction with IT technical teams and office management teams throughout the organization. This role reports directly to the VP of IT Infrastructure
- Manages and maintains all IT network related hardware and software components including in-office switches, routers, firewalls, virtual network interfaces, and cloud networks.
- Ensures hardware and software firmware are compliant to enterprise security standards.
- Ensures all network services are performing optimally, meeting customer expectations, and in adherence with Imagine Pediatrics security and compliance policies and procedures.
- Works closely with market operations team to assess, design, and implement new in-office network infrastructures to support the in-office employees.
- Works closely with IT teams to support network expansions and or enhancements required to support the implementation of new products, tools, and third-party network connections.
- Maintains the inventory of all corporate network hardware and software ensuring all components are maintained to life-cycle requirements defined by the manufacturer.
- Monitors and maintains services and licensures of all public / third party contract services such as third-party domain registrations and internet service providers.
- Proactively researches, analyzes, identifies, and resolves trends of network utilization or errors, and implements appropriate performance tuning and troubleshooting techniques to ensure the networks are performing to employee expectations.
- Continuously identifies opportunities for process and quality improvement and implements applicable technologies and / or process changes to improve network performance.
- Assist in DR/BCP planning and testing with other IT teams and operational departments.
- Documents all system administration processes, operational procedures, and prepares and maintains the enterprise network architecture diagrams.
- Updates job knowledge and competency by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Provides monthly corporate network operational performance reports to Senior IT Leadership team.
- Works in alignment and compliance with industry healthcare practice standards such as HIPPA and HITECH.
- Provides after-hours support as needed to respond to performance issues related to corporate networks.
- Supervise, mentor, and train members of the IT Infrastructure Network Engineering team.
- Other duties as assigned
What You Bring & How You Qualify
First and foremost, you’re passionate and committed to reimagining pediatric health care and creating a world where every child with complex medical conditions gets the care and support they deserve. You will need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent certifications/training/experience in information technology, computer science, engineering, or related field with preferred experience in healthcare IT.
- Five (5) years of experience in configuring, installing, and maintaining corporate network infrastructure technologies.
- Three (3) years of experience with building and supporting an AWS environment with integration into Microsoft Active Directory.
- Experience implementing, configuring, and troubleshooting Azure Active Directory Domain Services, AWS Identity authentication services, Office 365 network integration.
- Experience and broad knowledge of network routing protocols, switch protocols, TCP/IP, Ethernet, VLANs, DHCP, DNS, and other network protocols.
- Ability to provide after-hours support as needed to respond to performance issues related to corporate networks.
- Ability to travel to corporate office locations to support network implementations and maintenance.
- Demonstrated ability to work with minimal supervision.
What We Offer (Benefits + Perks)
We provide these additional benefits and perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) with 4% match, vested 100% from day one
- 20 days PTO + 10 Company Holidays & 2 Floating Holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Pet Insurance
- Additional benefits to be detailed in offer
We Value Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
We believe that creating a world where every child with complex medical conditions gets the care and support they deserve requires a diverse team with diverse perspectives. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People seeking employment at Imagine Pediatrics are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, or characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other status protected by applicable law.