Who We Are
We are Imagine Pediatrics, a devoted and compassionate, multi-disciplinary pediatrician-led medical group that is creating a world where every child with complex medical conditions gets the care and support they deserve. Energized by our mission to reimagine pediatric health care, we are pioneering virtual-first care services that include care coordination and around-the-clock access to complex-care clinicians from home. We don’t replace a child's existing care team. Instead, we collaborate to deliver continuous support to kids, so they can spend less time in the hospital and more time thriving at home and in their communities.
Every day we boldly challenge old approaches and seek out new and better ways to improve the health and lives of children with medical complexity. In partnership with caregivers, providers, and health plans, we break down the barriers that stand between families and quality care for their children. We know we can’t solve every challenge in the lives of these kids, but we can work tirelessly to give them, their families, and other caregivers the help and relief they need, right when they need it. We know a better approach to pediatric health care is within reach, and we are committed to seizing it today.
What We Live By
We’re guided by our five core values:
- Children first. We put the best interests of children above all. We are uncompromising in our commitment to improving the lives of children and families by bringing the best care to them.
- Earn trust. We cherish the trusting relationships we build with the children and families we serve, our partners, and each other. We seek first to understand and speak honestly.
- Innovate today. We refuse to accept the way things have always been done. Children and families are waiting for our help and their bravery demands that we relentlessly challenge assumptions to develop new approaches.
- Embrace humanity. We lead with empathy and authenticity, presuming competence and good intentions. When we stumble, we use the opportunity to learn and grow stronger.
- One team, diverse perspectives. We work alongside families as one team towards a shared purpose. We champion diversity and acknowledge the contributions of
What You’ll Do
The Care Team Assistant provides both clinical and clerical support and ensures the provision of quality and compassionate evidence-based care in a virtual Value-Based Care environment. In this position, you will:
- Accept incoming phone calls and return calls from patients involving clinical inquiries for responsible providers, perform protocol-based triage as appropriate, and route phone calls in the form of a phone note document in the EHRS to the provider for review and instructions
- Place calls and create template-based letters, as directed by the provider, regarding all lab results for delivery to the patient in a timely manner
- Review schedule on a daily basis to ensure that all pre-visit preparations have been completed prior to the patient's visit, ensuring lab and imaging results, consultation reports, care transition details, or major changes in health status are available in the patient’s medical record; when these documents are not present in the record, it will be the CTA’s responsibility to call the patient, consultants, imaging centers, and/or hospitals to arrange for timely delivery of said information
- Call patients deemed to be at risk for a “no-show” prior to their appointment as well as new patients establishing care for their onboarding visit to remind them of both the patient’s and Imagines’ responsibilities; contact "no-show" patients and inquire as to their status and need for rescheduling, including assessment of barriers to care and initiation of appropriate social service referrals
- Initiate completion of forms for review and final signature by provider (disability forms, home health orders, durable medical equipment and supply requests, disease status letters)
- Assist care team in regular completion of reports that will allow it to manage and assess the health needs of the patient population; assist care team in recognizing patients who are members of a "vulnerable population" and provide appropriate social service or community-based referrals
What You Bring & How You Qualify
First and foremost, you’re passionate and committed to reimagining pediatric health care and creating a world where every child with complex medical conditions gets the care and support they deserve. In this role you will need:
- High-school level education or equivalency
- Medical Assistant Certification or its equivalent, or at least 2 years clinical experience in an inpatient or outpatient, or virtual setting
- At least 2 years of experience in an ambulatory clinical or virtual setting
- Spanish fluency (service location dependent)
- Demonstrated competency with an EHRS system
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Ability to multi task in a fast paced environment.
- Above average organizational skills.
- Strong typing and computer skills.
- This job requires access to confidential and sensitive information, requiring ongoing discretion and secure information management.
What We Offer (Benefits + Perks)
The target base salary for this position starts at $21.00/hour in addition to competitive company benefits package and eligibility to participate in an employee equity purchase program (as applicable). When determining compensation, we analyze and carefully consider several factors including job-related knowledge, skills and experience. These considerations may cause your compensation to vary.
We provide these additional benefits and perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Healthcare and Dependent Care FSA
- 401(k) with 4% match, vested 100% from day one
- 20 days PTO + 10 Company Holidays & 2 Floating Holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Pet Insurance
- Additional benefits to be detailed in offer
We Value Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
We believe that creating a world where every child with complex medical conditions gets the care and support they deserve requires a diverse team with diverse perspectives. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People seeking employment at Imagine Pediatrics are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, or characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other status protected by applicable law