Crisis Social Worker/Case Manager
Who We Are
We are Imagine Pediatrics, a devoted and compassionate, multi-disciplinary pediatrician-led medical group that is creating a world where every child with complex medical conditions gets the care and support they deserve. Energized by our mission to reimagine pediatric health care, we are pioneering virtual-first care services that include care coordination and around-the-clock access to complex-care clinicians from home. We don’t replace a child's existing care team. Instead, we collaborate to deliver continuous support to kids, so they can spend less time in the hospital and more time thriving at home and in their communities.
Every day we boldly challenge old approaches and seek out new and better ways to improve the health and lives of children with medical complexity. In partnership with caregivers, providers, and health plans, we break down the barriers that stand between families and quality care for their children. We know we can’t solve every challenge in the lives of these kids, but we can work tirelessly to give them, their families, and other caregivers the help and relief they need, right when they need it. We know a better approach to pediatric health care is within reach, and we are committed to seizing it today.
What We Live By
We’re guided by our five core values:
- Children first. We put the best interests of children above all. We are uncompromising in our commitment to improving the lives of children and families by bringing the best care to them.
- Earn trust. We cherish the trusting relationships we build with the children and families we serve, our partners, and each other. We seek first to understand and speak honestly.
- Innovate today. We refuse to accept the way things have always been done. Children and families are waiting for our help and their bravery demands that we relentlessly challenge assumptions to develop new approaches.
- Embrace humanity. We lead with empathy and authenticity, presuming competence and good intentions. When we stumble, we use the opportunity to learn and grow stronger.
- One team, diverse perspectives. We work alongside families as one team towards a shared purpose. We champion diversity and acknowledge the contributions of
What You’ll Do
As a Crisis Team Case Manager with Imagine Pediatrics, you will work with the families of behaviorally and medically complex children providing emotional support, care coordination, connection to resources, and support navigating the healthcare system post hospital discharge. The centralized crisis team will consist of therapists, case managers, and a transition of care coordinator. Your primary responsibilities will include:
- Providing support and encouragement to patients and families who are experiencing / recently experienced a behavioral health crisis.
- Handle case referrals, assess for resourcing needs and care gaps, review case progress, and determine case closure.
- Assist patients and families in their individual recovery goals through psychoeducation and linkage to community resources.
- Assess social determinants of health and barriers to care including but not limited to housing, income, food insecurity, and transportation needs.
- Connect patients and families with support groups, community networks, and aids toward mental wellness.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary team members to facilitate the patient and family’s treatment plan goals.
- Coordinate care management with agencies surrounding the child such as DCFS, school systems, outside care team members, and more.
- Participate in ongoing scheduled consultations with an interdisciplinary team to monitor patient progress.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What You Bring & How You Qualify
First and foremost, you’re passionate and committed to creating the world our sickest children deserve. You want an active role in building a diverse and values-driven culture. Things change quickly in a startup environment; you accept that and are willing to pivot quickly on priorities. A qualified candidate will be empathetic, caring, organized, and has strong relationship-building skills. In this role, you will need:
- Master’s degree in Social Work (MSW/LMSW) Required
- Bilingual in English/Spanish Required
- 2+ years of case management or relevant experience
- Experience with team-based care, excellent collaboration skills.
- Experience in child & adolescent case management, school-based care, inpatient setting, and/or community mental health.
- Experience with acute behavioral health needs (suicidality, homicidality, severe persistent mental illness).
- Effective communication skills
- Excellent working knowledge of community resources.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Problem solving skills and ability to multi-task
Base salary: $50k+ (BSW) | $60k+ (MSW)
Schedule - 12:00pm - 7:00pm OR 01:00pm - 08:00pm (CST)
We Value Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
We believe that creating a world where every child with complex medical conditions gets the care and support they deserve requires a diverse team with diverse perspectives. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People seeking employment at Imagine Pediatrics are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, or characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other status protected by applicable law