Senior Software Engineer
Who We Are
We are Imagine Pediatrics, a devoted and compassionate pediatrician-led medical group that is creating the world our sickest children deserve. Founded on the belief that medically complex children deserve better care than the current system allows for, we deliver personalized and comprehensive care by partnering with families to provide unparalleled support, virtually and in-home, ensuring they spend more time in their homes and less in the hospital.
What We Live By
We’re guided by our five core values:
- Children first. We put the best interests of children above all. We are uncompromising in our commitment to improving the lives of children and families by bringing the best care to them.
- Earn trust. We cherish the trusting relationships we build with the children and families we serve, our partners, and each other. We seek first to understand and speak honestly.
- Innovate today. We refuse to accept the way things have always been done. Children and families are waiting for our help and their bravery demands that we relentlessly challenge assumptions to develop new approaches.
- Embrace humanity. We lead with empathy and authenticity, presuming competence and good intentions. When we stumble, we use the opportunity to learn and grow stronger.
- One team, diverse perspectives. We work alongside families as one team towards a shared purpose. We champion diversity and acknowledge the contributions of others.
About the Role:
As Senior Software Engineer with Imagine Pediatrics, you will be responsible for designing, building and supporting our digital product suite, with a focus on scale, stability and delightful user experiences for our clinical team and our members. Your focus will be finding and building solutions to achieve our goals and solve problems.
- Be an effective communicator while interacting with technical and non-technical audiences
- Communicate with business stakeholders to understand goals and translate them to technical architecture and requirements
- Have a data-driven, iterative approach to building products
- Estimate product scope and timelines
- Lead and mentor other software engineers to follow best engineering practices
- Produce technical solutions that satisfy business requirements with a focus on scalability, stability, efficiency, maintainability and extensibility
- Build products and software using modern & stable technologies
First and foremost, you’re passionate and committed to creating the world our sickest children deserve. You want an active role in building a diverse and values-driven culture. Things change quickly in a startup environment; you accept that and are willing to pivot quickly on priorities. In this role, you will need:
- Deep understanding and experience with front end applications, APIs, and back-end services
- Strong understanding of all layers of a Web and Mobile solution
- Experience hosting application services on cloud providers (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience delivering mobile, digital products to the Apple and Google Play app store is a plus
- Experience working in a fast-paced, hypergrowth, collaborative environment
- Experience in healthcare / virtual care strongly preferred
(California, New York, Colorado only) Base salary starts at $170,000/yr. + bonus + equity participation program + full benefits including 401k with company match
We Value Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
We believe that creating the world our sickest children deserve requires a diverse team with diverse perspectives. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People seeking employment at Imagine Pediatrics are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other status protected by applicable law.