Medical Director, Acute & Episodic Care
Who We Are
We are Imagine Pediatrics, a devoted and compassionate pediatrician-led medical group that is creating the world our sickest children deserve. Founded on the belief that medically complex children deserve better care than the current system allows for, we deliver personalized and comprehensive care by partnering with families to provide unparalleled support, virtually and in-home, ensuring they spend more time in their homes and less in the hospital.
What We Live By
We’re guided by our five core values:
- Children first. We put the best interests of children above all. We are uncompromising in our commitment to improving the lives of children and families by bringing the best care to them.
- Earn trust. We cherish the trusting relationships we build with the children and families we serve, our partners, and each other. We seek first to understand and speak honestly.
- Innovate today. We refuse to accept the way things have always been done. Children and families are waiting for our help and their bravery demands that we relentlessly challenge assumptions to develop new approaches.
- Embrace humanity. We lead with empathy and authenticity, presuming competence and good intentions. When we stumble, we use the opportunity to learn and grow stronger.
- One team, diverse perspectives. We work alongside families as one team towards a shared purpose. We champion diversity and acknowledge the contributions of others.
About the Role:
The Medical Director, Acute and Episodic Care provides leadership for and development of clinical programs related to Acute Care across all Imagine Pediatrics markets and states. Includes virtual urgent care supported by in-field allied health clinicians, support for care transitions, and primary care extension services.
In this role, you will be responsible for providing clinical leadership of our acute care team, working closely with the clinical physicians and providers, longitudinal clinical care teams, care delivery partners, technology teams, and operations.
You will be expected to:
- Provide direct clinical care to patients as an acute care attending and be available telephonically to triage calls and discuss cases with other clinicians on the care team during business hours.
Interface with internal teams and external clinicians to promote an understanding of Imagine Pediatrics’ unique model and facilitate collaboration and shared decision-making.
- Hirie and supervise an acute care clinical team.
- Monitor, evaluate, and conduct quality & safety improvement activities, in close collaboration with the VP, Quality and Safety.
- Develop educational content and best practices around in-home acute care delivery for Imagine Pediatrics’ clinicians, in partnership with Training & Development and Clinical Education teams.
- Engage with teams to design, test, and iterate programs, e.g., with the Behavioral Health team to develop home-based models for behavioral health.
- Present and publish, specifically around innovations in home-based care delivery.
- As scheduled, provide emergency on-call duties.
- Actively participate in Imagine Pediatrics’ leadership committees and other roles as appropriate and as requested.
- Act as a liaison between the clinical, finance, and operations teams around clinical and financial outcomes.
- Partner with technology, analytics, and other team members to appropriately support the acute and urgent care program.
- About You:
First and foremost, you’re passionate and committed to creating a world where every child with complex medical conditions gets the care and support they deserve. You are interested in the growing role that innovative technology can play in improving access to care and care delivery and want an active role in building a diverse and values-driven culture. Things change quickly in a startup environment; you accept that and are willing to pivot quickly on priorities. In this role, you will need:
- MD or DO degree from an accredited institution.
- Board certified or Board Eligible in Pediatric Emergency Medicine.
- Experience managing medically complex pediatrics required.
- You possess a valid State Controlled Substance license and DEA license.
- Experience working within an interdisciplinary team and independently developing and executing an agenda.
- Availability to work full-time, including some night and weekend call coverage.
- Experience with quality improvement, monitoring and evaluation, and health systems strengthening, innovation, and training is desired, although not essential.
- Strong preference for candidates with significant operations experience, particularly in early-stage startups and/or value-based care.
- Bilingual Spanish a plus.
We Value Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
We believe that creating the world our sickest children deserve requires a diverse team with diverse perspectives. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People seeking employment at Imagine Pediatrics are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other status protected by applicable law.