Who We Are
We are Imagine Pediatrics, a devoted and compassionate pediatrician-led medical group that is creating the world our sickest children deserve. Founded on the belief that medically complex children deserve better care than the current system allows for, we deliver personalized and comprehensive care by partnering with families to provide unparalleled support, virtually and in-home, ensuring they spend more time in their homes and less in the hospital.
What We Live By
We’re guided by our five core values:
- Children first. We put the best interests of children above all. We are uncompromising in our commitment to improving the lives of children and families by bringing the best care to them.
- Earn trust. We cherish the trusting relationships we build with the children and families we serve, our partners, and each other. We seek first to understand and speak honestly.
- Innovate today. We refuse to accept the way things have always been done. Children and families are waiting for our help and their bravery demands that we relentlessly challenge assumptions to develop new approaches.
- Embrace humanity. We lead with empathy and authenticity, presuming competence and good intentions. When we stumble, we use the opportunity to learn and grow stronger.
- One team, diverse perspectives. We work alongside families as one team towards a shared purpose. We champion diversity and acknowledge the contributions of others.
About the Role:
The Vice President - Controller is a finance and accounting leader responsible for overseeing and leading all accounting processes and day-to-day accounting operations for Imagine Pediatrics. The individual will play a significant role in developing accurate and actionable financial data and reporting. The individual will serve as a thought-leader on the finance leadership team and will drive performance across three enterprise domains:
- Strategy: Partners to develop and execute strategies and standards related to accounting policy, financial reporting, general ledger maintenance, and financial systems and controls.
- Leadership: The strong ability to recognize, attract, and develop high performers.
- Collaboration: Has the opportunity to collaborate and partner with cross-functional teams and C-suite leaders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage and supervise day-to-day accounting operations and month-end and year-end financial close processes for Imagine Pediatrics and its affiliates.
- Ensure the month-end financial close process delivers accurate and comprehensive financial reporting and is completed in a timely manner.
- Research and analyze technical accounting positions and maintain deep understanding of GAAP accounting standards, while ensuring adherence to GAAP compliance requirements.
- Regularly review all internal policies and procedures and ensure appropriate documentation, communication, and execution of the internal policies and procedures.
- Serve as primary point of contact for external auditors and manage annual audit process.
- Review general ledger transaction detail and account reconciliations on balance sheet accounts and analyze accounts to determine balance appropriateness.
- Develop reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanisms that can inform strategies to enhance the Company’s cash position.
- Serve as cross-functional leader and thought partner across Accounting, Finance, Actuary leadership, and Revenue Cycle, ensuring appropriate data is available to inform accounting treatment and awareness of accounting priorities.
- Identify and implement process improvement opportunities across Accounting, Finance, and RCM functions.
- Partner closely with FP&A team on financial performance insight and improvements to financial reporting.
- Develop relationships and serve as a primary point of contact for tax advisors and commercial banking relationships.
- Participate in the preparation and review of monthly, quarterly and year-end reporting packages for the Board of Directors, lenders, and management.
- Other ad hoc analysis on behalf of leadership team, as required.
First and foremost, you’re passionate and committed to creating the world our sickest children deserve. You want an active role in building a diverse and values-driven culture. In this role, you will need:
- Bachelor's degree.
- 10+ years of relevant accounting experience.
- Public and industry accounting experience.
- CPA required.
- Prior experience managing external financial relationships, including auditors, tax advisors, and commercial banking relationships.
- Healthcare services experience, specifically with a healthcare provider, preferred.
- Deep understanding of US GAAP principals and ability to apply correct treatment under GAAP.
- Familiarity and experience with accounting ERP software, preferably Sage Intacct, and other technology tools that support accounting functions.
- Strong ability to collaborate with executive leadership and external stakeholders.
- Excellent communicator and relationship builder.
- Experience working in a growth and/or startup environment preferred.
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, fluid, and dynamic environment.
- Advanced skills in MS Excel and MS Office product suite.
- Demonstrated ability as a self-starter with an exceptional work ethic
- Organized, process oriented, and a critical thinker
We Value Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
We believe that creating the world our sickest children deserve requires a diverse team with diverse perspectives. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer. People seeking employment at Imagine Pediatrics are considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information or characteristics (or those of a family member), pregnancy or other status protected by applicable law.