Manager, Data Quality Assurance
Who You Are
You are devoted, compassionate, and enjoy being on the front lines in healthcare, changing the lives of your patients. You are passionate about getting to the root cause of a patient’s conditions, removing social determinants of healthcare, and ensuring the highest possible quality of life for those in your care. You don’t want to sacrifice quality over quantity, and you aim to provide the same level of care and commitment to your patients that you would to your own family member.
Does this sound like you? If so, we should talk.
Who We Are
We are Honest Medical Group, a groundbreaking team of health care professionals focused on making a major impact in health care. At Honest, we align every aspect of our company to support patients and providers. We are devoted to purpose and inspired by innovation. We embrace our communities and lead with kindness. We drive health improvements, create a seamless member experience, and eliminate unnecessary cost. We listen to the needs of our patients and our employees—continually working to push beyond the status quo.
For us, it’s all in an Honest day’s work.
We are looking for an experienced and strategic-minded professional to join our team as a Manager, Data Quality. In this leadership role, you will be responsible for developing and implementing comprehensive data quality management strategies, ensuring the accuracy, completeness, and reliability of our organization's data. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in data quality management, strong leadership skills, and the ability to collaborate effectively across teams.
Primary Functions Include:
- Develop and implement a robust data quality management strategy aligned with organizational goals and industry best practices.
- Establish and oversee a data quality assurance framework, including the creation and enforcement of data quality policies and standards.
- Lead and manage a team of data quality analysts, providing guidance, mentoring, and fostering a culture of continuous improvement.
- Direct and conduct in-depth data profiling and analysis to identify, assess, and resolve data quality issues.
- Ensure compliance with data governance policies and standards, collaborating with cross-functional teams to enhance overall data governance.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders, including IT, data owners, and business units, to understand data requirements and champion data quality initiatives.
- Develop and maintain key performance indicators (KPIs) and metrics to measure and report on data quality, providing regular updates to leadership.
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives by identifying opportunities to enhance data quality processes, tools, and methodologies.
- Perform other related responsibilities as required.
How You Qualify
You reviewed the Who You Are section of this job posting and immediately felt the need to read on. That makes you a match for our innovative culture.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or a related field
- 5+ years of experience in data quality roles required
- 2+ years of experience in cloud data warehouses like Snowflake or Redshift
- Strong leadership and people management skills, with a track record of building and leading high-performing teams
- Proficient in data quality tools, SQL, and other relevant technologies. Familiarity with data profiling and cleansing tools is an asset
- Strategic thinker with the ability to align data quality initiatives with broader business objectives
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to effectively collaborate with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with the ability to address complex data quality issues
- Works well and is effective in a dynamic, face-paced environment, adaptable to shifting priorities
- Able to utilize technical creativity and operate independently
- Must be able to work with users at all levels of skills and abilities
- QA automation experience and database CI/CD knowledge are a plus
How You are Supported
- As a full-time team member, you will benefit from Honest’s exceptional total rewards package, including competitive base pay with bonuses, paid time off starting at 4 weeks for full time employees, 12 paid holidays per year, reimbursement for continuing medical education, 401k with match, health, dental, and vision insurance.
- As a part-time team member, you will benefit from Honest’s total rewards package, including competitive base pay with bonuses, pro-rated paid time off, paid holidays, reimbursement for continuing medical education, 401k with match.
- Family friendly policies that support paid parental leave and flexible work arrangements
- As a team member you’ll be supported by our robust commitment to training and development that starts with onboarding and continues throughout your career with Honest
- You will collaborate with like-minded healthcare professionals who, like you, understand the importance and value of Honest’s high-quality, value-based, care model.
Honest is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
Honest is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities. Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should email careers@HonestMedicalGroup.com for assistance. Reasonable accommodation will be determined on a case-by-case basis.