IT Business Analyst
Who You Are
You are devoted, compassionate, and enjoy being on the front lines in healthcare, changing the lives of your patients. You are passionate about getting to the root cause of a patient’s conditions, removing social determinants of healthcare, and ensuring the highest possible quality of life for those in your care. You don’t want to sacrifice quality over quantity, and you aim to provide the same level of care and commitment to your patients that you would to your own family member.
Does this sound like you? If so, we should talk.
Who We Are
We are Honest Medical Group, a groundbreaking team of health care professionals focused on making a major impact in health care. At Honest, we align every aspect of our company to support patients and providers. We are devoted to purpose and inspired by innovation. We embrace our communities and lead with kindness. We drive health improvements, create a seamless member experience, and eliminate unnecessary cost. We listen to the needs of our patients and our employees—continually working to push beyond the status quo.
For us, it’s all in an Honest day’s work.
The IT Business Analyst will be responsible for fostering collaboration across cross-functional teams to pinpoint business requirements, craft effective solutions, and ensure the seamless integration of technology in our healthcare environment. Central to these responsibilities is the production of high-quality documentation artifacts, aimed at ensuring we have a shared understanding of business requirements and proposed technology solutions as we work through the complete design and delivery lifecycle. The IT Business Analyst will also play a key role in optimizing and streamlining healthcare business systems process by leveraging their expertise in system analysis and implementation.
Primary Functions Include:
- Act as a liaison between technology and business end-users, working with them to document current workflow processes.
- Collaborate with users to identify, define, and document business rules, process improvement options and alternatives as directed by business needs.
- Translate, simplify, and analyze the feasibility of requirements to enhance business processes and promote efficient solution design.
- Transform conceptual user needs into clear, functional business requirements for development teams.
- Assist in the formulation of business cases, identify required information fields and assist in the development of a data dictionary.
- Collaborate with systems and data services teams to ensure solutions align with business strategies and capability requirements.
- Consult with customers to develop process flows reflecting business process requirements.
- Manage requirements and issues using tools like JIRA.
- Verify that solutions align with specified requirements.
- Communicate changes, enhancements, and modifications to project managers, sponsors, and other stakeholders.
- Formulate, document, and verify user stories, acceptance criteria, process flows, and mockups.
- Assist in the design of testing strategies for the implementation of information systems, modules, and subsystems.
- Conduct System Impact Analysis with a focus on both current and proposed states.
- Assist in the development of the technology roadmap, helping align business requirements with system capabilities and data needs.
- Build comprehensive business requirement documents where necessary.
- Effectively communicate complex and/or difficult information to both technical and non-technical audiences in written and oral form
- Perform other related responsibilities as assigned.
*This is an onsite position, with an onsite presence in our Nashville office up to 4 days/ week.
How You Qualify
You reviewed the Who You Are section of this job posting and immediately felt the need to read on. This makes you a match for our innovative culture. You accept things change quickly in a startup environment and are willing to pivot quickly on priorities.
- Must have reliable access to high-speed internet to ensure seamless remote work communication and productivity
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field or 4+ years of experience in IT business analysis.
- 3+ years of hands-on IT experience, encompassing all major phases of software implementation projects, including business and technical requirements analysis, elicitation, modeling, verification, and prioritization within healthcare environments
- 1+ year(s) of experience in Agile Methodology, demonstrating adaptability to dynamic project environments.
- Experience with EMRs, CRM platforms, Tableau or other data and analytics tools preferred
- Proficient in Agile tools, with a preference for experience in Jira.
- Strong understanding of project management methodologies, tools, and best practices
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with diverse teams and stakeholders
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Applications, including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Visio
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
How You are Supported
- As a full-time team member, you will benefit from Honest’s exceptional total rewards package, including competitive base pay with bonuses, paid time off starting at 4 weeks for full time employees, 12 paid holidays per year, reimbursement for continuing medical education, 401k with match, health, dental, and vision insurance.
- As a part-time team member, you will benefit from Honest’s total rewards package, including competitive base pay with bonuses, pro-rated paid time off, paid holidays, reimbursement for continuing medical education, 401k with match.
- Family friendly policies that support paid parental leave and flexible work arrangements
- As a team member you’ll be supported by our robust commitment to training and development that starts with onboarding and continues throughout your career with Honest
- You will collaborate with like-minded healthcare professionals who, like you, understand the importance and value of Honest’s high-quality, value-based, care model.
Honest is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.