Nurse Care Manager
Who You Are
You are devoted and compassionate, and enjoy being on the front lines of healthcare, changing the lives of your patients. You’re passionate about digging in to get to the root cause of a patient’s conditions, remove social determinants of healthcare, and ensure the highest possible quality of life and best outcomes for those in your care. You believe patients living with kidney disease deserve the best person-centered, holistic, comprehensive care and want to influence the healthcare system to drive towards that. You don’t want to sacrifice quality over quantity, and you aim to provide the same level of care and commitment to your team and patients that you would to your own family member. You thrive in innovative and evolving environments with high rates of change. You are driven by process improvements. Does this sound like you? If so, we should talk.
Who We Are
Evergreen Nephrology partners with nephrologists to transform kidney care through a value-based, person-centered, holistic, and comprehensive approach to kidney care. We believe patients living with kidney disease deserve the best care and we are committed to improving patient outcomes and improving quality of life by delaying disease progression, shifting care to the home, and accelerating kidney transplants.
We help nephrologists focus on the right patients at the right time across the full care spectrum. We do this by providing them with the best-in-class interdisciplinary clinical resources, analytical insight and tools, and services to patients.
We listen to the needs of our patients, our employees, and our client partners, continually working to push beyond the status quo in which the care system manages patients today.
As a Nurse Care Manager with Evergreen Nephrology, you will collaborate with a team of Physicians, Advanced Practice Providers, and interdisciplinary team members to manage an assigned patent panel and address patients’ specialized needs based on their individual conditions. Your job duties will include taking full ownership of patients within your panel, with an additional focus on helping patients with kidney disease navigate the kidney care continuum and manage all their additional chronic conditions. You will perform assessments to identify their needs based on their values, goals, and preferences. From this assessment, you will develop comprehensive care plans for each member. These care plans will be used to coordinate patient care delivery with Evergreen and our JV partner clinicians, network providers, contracted vendors, and community-based services.
Primary functions for the Nurse Care Manager include:
- Quickly build empathetic relationships with patients and families
- Evaluate and identify patient’s needs based on their respective values, goals, and preferences, then translate these needs into clinical needs
- Interface with Nephrology Partners, Primary Care Physicians, Advanced Practice Providers, Specialists, and various disciplines on the development of case management plans/programs
- In conjunction with the Nephrologist partner/APP, implement care/treatment plan by coordinating access to health services across multiple providers/disciplines
- Monitor care and identify cost-effective measures, including recommendations for alternative levels of care and utilization of resources
- Effectively coordinate patient education (including family involvement as appropriate) regarding treatment options, and advocate for access to the preferred treatment option
- Monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the case management plans based on quality and cost drivers and modifies as necessary
- Coordinate the interdisciplinary approach to providing continuity of care, including kidney disease progression management, utilization management, kidney care coordination, needed for outside services for patients/families
- Act as a clinical liaison, per their specialty, with outside agencies such as County CCS, non-plan facilities, outside providers, employers and/or workers' compensation carriers, and third-party administrators
- Prepare reports, communicate program changes to appropriate staff, and develop protocols in accordance with compliance requirements
- Coordinate and advocate for effective transition of care when appropriate/needed
- Engage internal resources to identify and respond to Social Determinants of Health such as lack of transportation, stable housing, or food resources
- Participate in the data collection, formulation and implementation, and monitoring of action strategies and outcomes of care or customer service
- Ensure that accurate records are maintained of the care associated with each patient
- Interpret regulations, health plan benefits, policies, and procedures for members, physicians, medical office staff, contract providers, and outside agencies
- Actively participate in huddles, IDT sessions, and patient case conferences
- Commendably represent Evergreen to patients, their families, and the community
How You Qualify·
- You reviewed the Who You Are section of this job posting and immediately felt the need to read on. That makes you a match for our innovative culture
- You accept that things change quickly in a startup environment and are willing to pivot quickly on priorities
- Current RN License is required, BSN preferred.
- 1+ years of utilization management experience preferred.
- 3+ years of clinical practice in a hospital, clinic, home care, or nursing home setting highly
- Case management experience and CCM preferred but not required.
- Disease management and/or physician office experience
How You are Supported
- You will benefit from Evergreen Nephrology’s exceptional total rewards package, including competitive base pay with bonuses, paid time off starting at four weeks for full-time employees, 12 paid holidays per year, reimbursement for continuing medical education, 401k with match, health, dental, and vision insurance.
- We are proud to offer family-friendly policies that support paid parental leave and flexible work arrangements.
- We commit to a robust training and development program that starts with onboarding and continues throughout your career with Evergreen Nephrology
- As an inclusive and diverse team, you will collaborate with like-minded healthcare professionals who, like you, understand the importance and value of Evergreen Nephrology’s high-quality, value-based care model.
- Pay range for this role is 77,544 to 92,786, with exact pay determined based on experience, education, demand for role, and other role-specific criteria.
Pay range for this role is $85,000 to $90,000, with exact pay determined based on experience, education, demand for role, and other role-specific criteria.
Evergreen Nephrology is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Learn more about your EEO rights as an applicant (Opens in a new window) .
Evergreen Nephrology will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. United States Department of Labor. Learn more (Opens in a new window) .
Evergreen Nephrology is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with physical or mental disabilities. Applicants with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should email email@example.com for assistance. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.