Director, Data Operations
WHO YOU ARE
You are a healthcare data professional who enjoys leading data teams but you also have a passion to be hands on and dig into the details and the solution. You easily adapt to various activities and challenges within data warehouse operations. You understand the decisions you make impact an entire organization and demonstrate thoughtfulness in reasoning and execution. You thrive on data innovation and problem solving at a rapid pace in an evolving environment. You are passionate about your work and empathetic to those whom you support. Does this sound like you? If so, we should talk.
WHO WE ARE
Evergreen Nephrology partners with nephrologists to transform kidney care through a value-based, person-centered, holistic, and comprehensive approach to kidney care. We believe patients living with kidney disease deserve the best care. We are committed to improving patient outcomes and improving quality of life by delaying disease progression, shifting care to the home, and accelerating kidney transplants.
We help nephrologists focus on the right patients at the right time across the full care spectrum. We do this by providing them with the best-in-class interdisciplinary clinical resources, analytical insight and tools, and services to patients.
We listen to the needs of our patients, our employees, and our client partners, continually working to push beyond the status quo in which the care system manages patients today.
As a Director of Data Operations with Evergreen Nephrology, you will be instrumental in the success of the ongoing operations and expansion of Evergreen Nephrology’s healthcare data platform. The Director of Data Operations will support the data warehouse team by providing day-to-day oversight of data sourcing, data transformation, and data validation.. The Director of Data Operations will work hand-in-hand with the team they serve providing direction, guidance and hands-on assistancewhere needed.
This position will collaborate with IT team members and business stakeholders to identify required data sourcing and data mart creation to serve the business needs. This role is customer-focused and fast-paced, with a goal to empower the Evergreen business users with a state-of-the-art platform to rapidly gain insights through data. This position reports to the VP of Data & Interoperability.
- Develop technical data solutions for long-term growth to meet the ever-growing needs of the business.
- Provide direction and hands on support in designing, developing, implementing, testing, deploying, monitoring, and maintaining the delivery of data solutions in a systematic method.
- Ensure successful delivery of data and information in support of the organization’s reporting & analytics and data science teams.
- Provide guidance and direction to data engineering and data analysts on complex data issues.
- Lead key integration and data quality initiatives as assigned, developing comprehensive plans, goals and objectives, timelines, resource plans, communications, training, and other documentation.
- Communicate with the business analytics and data science team members, and cross-IT staff on new project activities and support.
- Assist with project scope and effort estimates of new data projects.
- Manage problem resolution and identify root cause analysis.
- Train other data team members on Value Based Care industry data drivers (e.g., membership, claims, clinical and provider data).
- Ensure automation of the release pipeline, DevOps and QA (including performance test and chaos engineering), establish a mechanism for proactive fault detection and mitigation.
- Perform data audits for quality, accuracy and completeness.
- Identify and implement KPIs to monitor data operations performance.
- Ability to analyze, create, improve, and implement new technology, processes and practices across various data integration, quality and related functional areas.
- Initiate documentation, knowledge-sharing, and creation of data operating procedures.
- Provide coaching and mentorship to team members to grow in their roles and knowledge of programs/processes at a company scale.
- Set performance expectations, conduct regular performance evaluations, and provide feedback to team members.
YOU’RE GOOD AT
- You reviewed the Who You Are section of this job posting and immediately felt the need to read on. That makes you a match for our innovative culture
- You accept that things change quickly in a startup environment and are willing to pivot rapidly on priorities
- Ten years of professional experience in an information systems management environment
- Five years experience leading teams in design, development, and quality assurance of data warehouse solutions
- Four years working with healthcare data in a value based care environment
- Hands on experience working in a cloud based data platform environment, Azure and Snowflake
- Full understanding and ability to write SQL queries and procedures
- Full understanding of conceptual, logical, physical data modeling, data standardization and stewardship, information integrity and compliance, data quality management
- Experience working with Agile Software Development Lifecycle (SDLC) methodology
- Proven understanding of healthcare privacy and security practices
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or similar field
WE’RE GOOD AT
- You will benefit from Evergreen Nephrology’s exceptional total rewards package, including competitive base pay with bonuses, paid time off starting at four weeks for full-time employees, 12 paid holidays per year, reimbursement for continuing medical education, 401k with match, health, dental, and vision insurance.
- We are proud to offer family-friendly policies that support paid parental leave and flexible work arrangements.
- We commit to a robust training and development program that starts with onboarding and continues throughout your career with Evergreen Nephrology
- As an inclusive and diverse team, you will collaborate with like-minded healthcare professionals who, like you, understand the importance and value of Evergreen Nephrology’s high-quality, value-based care model
Pay range for this role is $170,000 to $180,000, with exact pay determined based on experience, education, demand for role, and other role-specific criteria.
Common characteristics of the people who comprise Evergreen Nephrology:
Smart, detail-oriented, mission-driven, entrepreneurial, and operates with urgency