Senior Actuarial Analyst
WHO YOU ARE
You are devoted, compassionate, and passionate about creating an exceptional employee experience. You’re excited to be part of building a team from the ground up, and love to help set up employees for success by supporting their onboarding, performance management, and engagement. You thrive in innovative and evolving environments with high rates of change. You are driven by process improvements. Does this sound like you? If so, we should talk.
WHO WE ARE
Evergreen Nephrology partners with nephrologists to transform kidney care through a value-based, person-centered, holistic, and comprehensive approach to kidney care. We believe patients living with kidney disease deserve the best care. We are committed to improving patient outcomes and improving quality of life by delaying disease progression, shifting care to the home, and accelerating kidney transplants.
We help nephrologists focus on the right patients at the right time across the full care spectrum. We do this by providing them with the best-in-class interdisciplinary clinical resources, analytical insight and tools, and services to patients.
We listen to the needs of our patients, our employees, and our client partners, continually working to push beyond the status quo in which the care system manages patients today.
As a Senior Analyst, you will support the transformation of care delivery by providing robust financial and analytical insights to the organization.
- Compile, manipulate, and curate data so that it can be easily used for analytics
- Analyze data to identify patterns, trends, and root causes
- Assist with Incurred But Not Reported (IBNR) analysis, financial forecasting, and settlement calculations
- Support the design and development of trend projection, Value-Based Care modeling, and opportunity analysis tools
- Analyze, interpret, and communicate performance drivers of financial outcomes to both internal and external partners
- Support discussions with clinical leaders to identify clinical and operational action items
- Measure and evaluate financial outcomes of operational initiatives
- Succinctly communicate outcomes of various projects and analytics to leadership
- Create sophisticated presentations in PowerPoint
YOU’RE GOOD AT
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, math, economics, or related field
- Strong strategic, analytical, and creative skills with a history of tackling and solving complex challenges
- Strong analytical and modeling skills using Excel. VBA skills a plus but not required
- Strong data analysis skills using advanced SQL
- Three or more years experience working with financial statements, healthcare enrollment, and claims data
- Ability to identify inefficiencies, re-engineer processes, prepare an action plan, and execute
- Strong attention to detail and a passion for digging into processes to better understand them and communicate the big picture
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work effectively across functions
- Follow best practices to organize, document, and review all work to minimize errors and risks to the company
- Ability to work independently and in a relatively unstructured manner
- Demonstrate genuine curiosity on the job when performing data analysis
- You accept that things change quickly in a startup environment and are willing to pivot quickly on priorities
- Financial or Actuarial experience in Value-Based model
WE’RE GOOD AT
- You will benefit from Evergreen Nephrology’s exceptional total rewards package, including competitive base pay with bonuses, paid time off starting at four weeks for full-time employees, 12 paid holidays per year, reimbursement for continuing medical education, 401k with match, health, dental, and vision insurance.
- We are proud to offer family-friendly policies that support paid parental leave and flexible work arrangements.
- We commit to a robust training and development program that starts with onboarding and continues throughout your career with Evergreen Nephrology.
- As an inclusive and diverse team, you will collaborate with like-minded healthcare professionals who, like you, understand the importance and value of Evergreen Nephrology’s high-quality, value-based care model.
Common characteristics of the people who comprise Evergreen Nephrology:
Smart, detail-oriented, mission-driven, entrepreneurial, and operates with urgency