Lead Quality Documentation Advisor
Who You Are
You are devoted, compassionate, and enjoy being on the front lines in healthcare, changing the lives of your patients. You are passionate about getting to the root cause of a patient’s conditions, removing social determinants of healthcare, and ensuring the highest possible quality of life for those in your care. You don’t want to sacrifice quality over quantity, and you aim to provide the same level of care and commitment to your patients that you would to your own family member. Does this sound like you? If so, we should talk.
Who We Are
Evergreen Nephrology partners with nephrologists to transform kidney care through a value-based, person-centered, holistic, and comprehensive approach to kidney care. We believe patients living with kidney disease deserve the best care and we are committed to improving patient outcomes and improving quality of life by delaying disease progression, shifting care to the home, and accelerating kidney transplants.
We help nephrologists focus on the right patients at the right time across the full care spectrum. We do this by providing them with the best-in-class interdisciplinary clinical resources, analytical insight and tools, and services to patients.
We listen to the needs of our patients, our employees, and our client partners, continually working to push beyond the status quo in which the care system manages patients today.
As a Quality Documentation Advisor, you will partner with physician offices, vendors, and APPs within our established partnerships to assess the health information that, includes improving clinical documentation, quality measures, and regulatory guidelines. The Quality Documentation Advisor will work in collaboration with the Medical Coder, as appropriate. You serve as a subject matter expert in clinical documentation, quality measures, and regulatory guidelines.
Primary functions of the Quality Documentation Specialist include:
- Work collaboratively with physicians, Advanced Practice Practitioners, other healthcare professionals, and coding staff to ensure that clinical information in the medical record is present and accurate so that the appropriate utilization, clinical severity, outcomes, and quality are captured for the level of service rendered to all patients.
- Examination of clinical documentation and coded data to validate documentation supports diagnoses, procedures, and treatment as well as identifies deficiencies of evidence-based practices.
- Researches, analyzes, recommends, and facilitates plan of action to prevent future documentation discrepancies.
- Quality Documentation Advisor provide feedback to providers to improve clinical documentation and facilitate ongoing documentation improvement to meet all requirements of the medical record within Value-Based Care.
- Serves as a resource for documentation improvement, including the ability to develop and maintain educational materials, including delivery either in-person or virtually to advanced practice clinicians and physicians.
- Apply critical thinking and decision-making skills to determine if the medical record documentation supports the need for service while maintaining production goals and quality standards, including performing quality assurance reviews.
- Assists management with training new Quality Documentation Reviewers to include daily monitoring, mentoring, feedback, and education.
- Attend training and scheduled meetings to enhance skills and working knowledge of clinical policies, procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Actively demonstrates the organization’s mission and core values and conducts oneself at all times in a manner consistent with these values.
- Knows and adheres to all laws and regulations pertaining to patient health, safety, and medical information.
- Assist with providing workflow training and education on departmental processes.
- Responsible for assisting leadership with oversight of daily operations.
- Identifies educational opportunities based on the review of the quality reviews data.
- Assists the team with prioritization of deliverables based on the needs of the business.
How You Qualify
- You reviewed the Who You Are section of this job posting and immediately felt the need to read on. That makes you a match for our innovative culture.
- You have completed an accredited program for Nurse Practitioner (NP).
- You hold an unrestricted NP state license, including board certification.
- You have strong comprehension of clinical standards of care and are focused on quality of life for your patients.
- CMS HCC Risk Adjustment experience.
- Certification as CPC, CRC or CDI, preferred.
- 1+ years of Clinical Documentation Improvement experience.
- 3+ years of clinical practice in a hospital, home care, or nursing home setting.
- Demonstrates an understanding of current Quality Measure Initiatives, including Value-Based Care.
- A thorough understanding of anatomy, pathophysiology, and medical terminology necessary to correctly code using CPT, ICD-10, and HCPCS Level II coding systems.
- Experience with multiple EMR systems such as EPIC, Athena, Medent, Acumen, and Allscripts, preferred.
- Working knowledge of HIPAA Privacy and Security Rules.
- You accept that things change quickly and are willing to pivot quickly on priorities.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer skills, i.e., Microsoft Windows, Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Internet browsers, Microsoft Teams.
- Strong people skills and ability to build supportive relationships with providers.
- Outstanding organizational skills and an ability to operate efficiently and independently.
How You are Supported
- You will benefit from Evergreen Nephrology’s exceptional total rewards package, including competitive base pay with bonuses, paid time off starting at 4 weeks for full time employees, 11 paid holidays per year, reimbursement for continuing medical education, 401k with match (coming soon), health, dental, and vision insurance.
- Family-friendly policies that support paid parental leave and flexible work arrangements.
- As a team member, you’ll be supported by our robust commitment to training and development that starts with onboarding and continues throughout your career with Evergreen Nephrology
- You will collaborate with like-minded healthcare professionals who, like you, understand the importance and value of Evergreen Nephrology’s high-quality, value-based care model.
Evergreen Nephrology is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Learn more about your EEO rights as an applicant (Opens in a new window).
Evergreen Nephrology will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. United States Department of Labor. Learn more (Opens in a new window).