Market Medical Director, Southfield, MI
Who You Are
You are devoted, compassionate, and enjoy being on the front lines in healthcare, changing the lives of your patients. You are passionate about getting to the root cause of a patient’s conditions, removing social determinants of healthcare, and ensuring the highest possible quality of life for those in your care. You don’t want to sacrifice quality over quantity, and you aim to provide the same level of care and commitment to your patients that you would to your own family member.
Does this sound like you? If so, we should talk.
Who We Are
We are Honest Medical Group, a groundbreaking team of health care professionals focused on making a major impact in health care. At Honest, we align every aspect of our company to support patients and providers. We are devoted to purpose and inspired by innovation. We embrace our communities and lead with kindness. We drive health improvements, create a seamless member experience, and eliminate unnecessary cost. We listen to the needs of our patients and our employees—continually working to push beyond the status quo.
For us, it’s all in an Honest day’s work.
As the Market Medical Director you will oversee all aspects of medical operations for Honest’s contributions in a joint venture (JV) provider group. You will be directly responsible for market level medical management, quality improvement and clinical regulatory programs. This role will report to the Regional Medical Director.
This position is remote, but you must be located within or nearby our southeast Michigan market to ensure availability to meet with team members and representatives from our JV partners in person as necessary, as well as to visit market based physician offices and health care facilities as needed.
Primary Functions Include:
- Drive a partnership between Honest and the JV partner, serving in a capacity that supports the needs of all stakeholders, including the patients, JV partner and Honest employees. Serve as the liaison between all parties, continually centered on a patient-centric approach that comes with collaboration and mutual understanding.
- Provide oversight of clinical programs around chronic disease management, advanced care planning, quality measures, and ensure adherence to evidence-based practices.
- Represent Honest at all stakeholder meetings, including weekly JV partner meetings, Health Plan/JV partner meetings, Monthly Operating Committee, JV partner board meetings, Coding and Documentation Education meetings.
- Handle all escalated clinical issues, including JV Partner and patient complaints.
- Serve as the supervising physician of record for a team of Advanced Practice Providers and other members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Provide direct patient care in the home to a subset of Honest/JV patients.
- Develop relationships with JV partner practices and PCP’s, review KPI’s and opportunities for engagement with Honest.
- Work closely with Market General Manager/VP, Director of Nursing and Clinical Operations, and Director of Market Operations for collaboration on clinical and operational activities.
- Ensure continued adherence to all compliance and regulatory requirements.
- Continually leverage data to identify market level opportunities for improved KPIs.
- Work cross functionally with other markets, corporate operations to set strategy and prioritization for business growth.
- Develop local market relationships that demonstrate the high value partnership with Honest can bring to a provider practice.
- Perform other related responsibilities as needed.
How You Qualify
You reviewed the Who You Are section of this job posting and immediately felt the need to read on. That makes you a match for our innovative culture.
- You hold an unrestricted MD or DO state license, including board certification valid in the state of Michigan
- You’ve worked in a medical leadership role for a minimum of 4 years, preferably with past experience in Value Based Care in a rapidly growing environment
- You have strong comprehension of clinical standards of care and are focused on quality of life for your patients
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the medical field, particularly in areas relevant to
- Proficiency in coordinating and collaborating with various healthcare providers and interdisciplinary teams to ensure seamless care transitions, effective communication, and integrated care for patients
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to effectively interact with patients, families, healthcare providers, and other stakeholders
- Strong ability to collaborate with diverse teams, build relationships, and foster a positive work environment
- Must have reliable access to high-speed internet to ensure seamless remote work communication and productivity
- Must be able to arrange and consistently travel to various work sites, as well as possess and maintain a valid driver's license in your state of residence and motor vehicle insurance
How You are Supported
- As a full-time team member, you will benefit from Honest’s exceptional total rewards package, including competitive base pay with bonuses, paid time off starting at 4 weeks for full time employees, 12 paid holidays per year, reimbursement for continuing medical education, 401k with match, health, dental, and vision insurance.
- As a part-time team member, you will benefit from Honest’s total rewards package, including competitive base pay with bonuses, pro-rated paid time off, paid holidays, reimbursement for continuing medical education, 401k with match.
- Family friendly policies that support paid parental leave and flexible work arrangements
- As a team member you’ll be supported by our robust commitment to training and development that starts with onboarding and continues throughout your career with Honest
- You will collaborate with like-minded healthcare professionals who, like you, understand the importance and value of Honest’s high-quality, value-based, care model.
Honest is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.